9/7/2013: The press kit is now available for download: Gore House 2013 Press Release
See what our guests have to say in 2013:
- Brad B. - Gore House accomplished what other places typically don’t: they set the mood and the actors were motivated to play the part. Everything was very well thought out from the eerie German loudspeaker announcements to the suicide room and our personal favorite, the young kids acting bizarrely creepy.
- Brent B. - Lights Out owned. Good stuff guys!
- Angela W. - It’s by far the best haunted house around!
- Jamie R. – Came tonight. Brought my 11 year old daughter – her first time for an indoor haunt. She loved it.
- Tracey S. – Gore House rocked this past weekend!! Thanks guys for a great haunt!!
- Brittany B. – ...Ended up going to Gore House afterward & it was worth every penny. I’ve never heard of it before tonight but it was worth it! I would go again.
- Shelby R. – Great job tonight! Had a lot of fun! Very scary and the people that worked it were absolutely INSANE! But that makes it all the better! Thanks for the scare and excitement!! Ill definitely be back next year!!!!!!!
- Tiffany H. - That was fuuuun tonight! Thanx
- Justin S. – Good stuff!
- Meagan P. – The actors were great and helpful to make it handicap accessible. Wes was phenomenal!! I loved Uncle Squid!!!!!!!!
- Chrissy F. – Such an awesome haunt in Nashville! The staff is so incredibly amazing and the actors are hardcore. You can tell everyone really loves what they do!
- Rachel E. – Go get scared. Check out the Gorehouse It’s a real work of parts. Hehe
- Roger C. – Gore house is the most unique haunted I’ve ever been too. Something around every corner.
- Tracey S. – Truly a spectacular haunt! The actors do an amazing job and really utilize their scenes. Love the old school haunts.
- Tish B. – Super scary, great actors, worth every penny, GO GO GO!
- Elena B. – Gore house was great! Actors were very into it and scary. The scenes were creative and intense! Got lost in the maze for a bit too!! Definitely worth the time and money!
Halloween is just around the corner, folks. People frequently write in to me requesting horror film suggestions this time of year, but I wanted to give one for a Haunted Attraction found here close to Nashville Gore House in Hendersonville.
Haunted attractions will be popping up everywhere around the Nashville/Middle Tennessee area this month. Some are okay, and some are downright awful. I am definitely a connoisseur of haunted attractions and I definitely know my horror. I wanted to let our Nashville-area readers know that one attraction is going to blow the rest of them away this season.
Characters found within Gore House are completely unique to the haunt: you’re not going to find scenes like this ANYWHERE else. Full-on, graphic, in-your-face scares that will really make it worth your price of admission. All of the actors and crew are seasoned veterans of the Nashville horror and theater scene.
THE TENNESSEAN REVIEW – 9/20/2013
Hendersonville’s Gore House is in its second year, although many of the haunt’s organizers have been in the business for years. Owner Wes Cornwell says that it’s the dedication of the players and staff to be original that make it a year-round business.
“We try to do our own thing. All haunts, in a way, are going to be the same thing, in a sense. The same scenery, somewhat, but you have to throw your own twist into it, try to keep it original and fresh,” Cornwell says.
Gore House’s scares are based in realism: You will not see Jason and Freddy, but instead the twisted scenes from the mind of the madman who could live next door.
This year, Gore House will feature the abandoned warehouse of deranged “Nashville set designer” Martin Cato, who supposedly used human and animal remains for his art. Mark Justice, who plays Cato, says performing in haunted houses is one of his favorite things to do as an actor.
“Obviously, you want to make the best impression that you can make. Horror movie actors get take after take after take, we don’t,” Justice says. I’m a dialogue-driven actor. I like to creep people out, I like to make them think, make their skin crawl.”
BORO PULSE – 9/16/2013
Wes Cornwell, the bloody boss man who oversees the operate of Gore House, seems to be the original misfit. Realizing that the Middle Tennessee haunt community was being strangled by the Bible Belt and not by himself, Wes and crew seemed to push the envelope in ways both shocking and subtle. This feels very much like a similar haunt experience to last year, and, since I commended Gore House for its secret passages and unique layout, that’s not a terrible thing. The maze is also pitch-black this year, and took me forever to get through. It’s not a huge issue, but I do feel like the narrative of Gore House (the story of crazed film set designer Martin Cato) could have played into this more. I mean, imagine a David Lynch approach to a haunted house. That’s just too good to pass up . . .
2012 BORO PULSE REVIEW
GORE HOUSE HAUNTED ATTRACTION
You’d think that with the local haunted house scene being populated by monsters threatening to consume your flesh that a little bit of controversy would be par for the course. In reality, most of the haunted houses in the area cater to a more conservative audience (as well as the occasional church group) so certain elements of horror are quite often left in the writing room. Enter Gore House, the engineers of terror that helped put together Nashville’s own Devil’s Dungeon. Having gone into the business of haunts, Gore House offers a no-apologies experience for the scare-goer, taking full advantage of its trap doors and secret passages. Also featuring one of the best hosts in the haunted house scene, Gore House is a blood-covered gem that you simply don’t want to pass up. It’s scary, funny, and offers a unique layout you won’t see anywhere else.
UNCLE SQUID’S HORROR BASEMENT 2012 REVIEW
I talked with Wes Cornwell and Justin Hammonds as they took me on a flashlight tour of GORE HOUSE to discuss how this place came to be and picked their brains on what it takes to make it in this industry when the competition is fierce and the work is tough.
Squid- “What sets GORE HOUSE apart from other haunts if anything?”
Wes-“We lack movie characters like Jason or Michael Myers because those are just not fun. We’re also heavily focused on our actors and less on props. GORE HOUSE is character driven.”
Squid-“You all having been doing this for years. Why do you keep doing it?”
Justin-“I enjoy it. It’s something fun to do. I grew up in it.”
Wes-“It’s a passionate way to do my art, pretty much.”
2012 REVIEWS FROM OUR VISITORS!
Tracey S. via I Sleep Eat and Breathe Halloween: Anyone in Tennessee (near Hendersonville but worth the drive), a new Haunted House opened up this year. Check it out! GORE HOUSE is destined to BLOW your mind!! Check out their Facebook page or visit their website at www.gorehouse.net. You’ll Love it!!
Shelby R.: Great job tonight! Had a lot of fun! Very scary and the people that worked it were absolutely INSANE! But that makes it all the better! Thanks for the scare and excitement!! Ill definitely be back next year!
Melanie C.: Okay so I went through yesterday I work with Monster Mountain. Let me just say you guys are heading the right way with this… and also…that suicide scene scene scared me so bad that I couldn’t think right for the rest of the night. Its so dark and I’m really shocked you guys had the guts to put that in there because that was sick! I loved it!!
Amber F: Had a great time here last night with the Monster Mountain crew. I will defiantly be back next year for another visit.
Jan M.: Had a great time tonight guys. Your scenes were very detailed and actors were awesome.
Angel B.: I had the most fun here last weekend with my boyfriend… I was suspicious bout coming since its ya’lls first year but I ended up VERY IMPRESSED… got lost in maze for 30 minutes and got scared NONSTOP…well worth the money and I wanna give ya’ll props and say I cant WAIT until next year! ~Haunted House Junkie~
Melissa B.: Went tonight with some other peeps on the Buzz tour & ya’ll were awesome! Probably the scariest one we seen tonight!
Deccie C.: I went with the Buzz and you all were the best last night ! It was awesome.
George R: Came out late last night and the actors were still hard at it! GREAT JOB.
Jennifer C.: Had a great time there last night and it was different from other haunted houses!